Sunday, January 12, 2014

Gaia's Arms

Come.

Enter the cathedral that is
My body
My seismic activity
Is merely
The pulse
Of the world

My magma
Flows in tandem with your blood
Do not think I know nothing
of you
I know everything of you
You are of me
Of course

When you were born
Heaved out of the womb
Assembled by the constituents
Of my core and crust
Draped in the mantle of my blessing
My mouth moaned a subtle thank you
Rejoiced as I felt you
roll, crawl, walk, run
Cradled in my earthen arms
My solid body to support you
You were fascinated with me in your younger years
But as you grew older
You resented my guidance and empathy
As all children turn to rebellion

Child -- I have felt the quickening of your anxiety
Trust me when I say I know it too
My anxiety is tectonic
I know all too well the relief of smashing plates
together to release the tension
I called out to you
Reminding you
I am your mother
I am earth
I know what it's like to pull yourself together
In spite of everyone walking all over you
When overwhelmed, look to Mother Earth
I wrote the book on cracking under pressure

When you're depression took you under
Ugly and strange
I cried out
Look at me
Look at my grand canyon
My deep and open wound
And know that not all scars are carved in fits of violence
Some are carved in fits of divine inspiration

Your scars are divine inspirations
Relaying the message
The worst enemy you will ever face
Sits between your ears
Don't beat yourself up
Use your powers for good
There is more strength in creating
Than in destroying

Come into my arms
Weave yourself into my stony cathedral
Pray at the altar of my molten womb
I will heave you out new and immaculate
Coarse Sand must burn before Fine Glass takes its turn
Listen to me
Never refuse help
From the one who said thank you
On the day
You were born.


No comments:

Post a Comment