Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Microdream: Coruscant Rising (Moment of Peace)

I don't feel guilty about the past
The anger trembling
In my gut
Has calmed

Songs I thought
Would make me cry
Have me smiling like an idiot
As I walk down the street

I fall in love with strangers now
In the swift moment that our eyes meet
And we briefly bond
Over the joys and pains
We have experienced
But will never speak of
Wrapped up in the world of their eyes
A silent, fleeting bond
Irrevocable nonetheless

I forgive myself
For failing myself
For asking from you
What you were not equipped to give
No anger at you
Just compassion for your struggle

I let go of burdens
And am relieved from hate
Tears turns to laughter
Heartbreak becomes
Not a wound
But a rebuilding
My heart returns to gold
And I fly coruscant
Along the winter sky
Into the familiar arms
Of growth and healing

No comments:

Post a Comment