Sunday, June 16, 2013

NoOneWillKnowYouWereEverHere (Inspired by Give It Up by k (v) i d s)

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv5czbyzT8M
You were a cassette player in my dream
The endless loop drone of your shuffling bones
Rustled on like October leaves
You see I am like a tree in autumn
I'm not good at hiding things
After I drop my colored sheets
I'm nothing more than cold black skin
Waiting for spring to sink back in again
Like the feeling you get when you think Earth is gonna collapse upon itself
And there's nothing you can do to halt the immutable gravity of the circumstances
Pulling the dreaded response into orbit
In a morbid anticipation of the seasons changing from future to past
Waiting for an answer you've already seen coming
Is like listening to a broken faucet dripping rusty water
In your sink
There are so many ways I think I could have fixed things
Like some indecisive handyman
But when you ran
My windpipes froze up so bad that they burst open
with cold, wet words trying to freeze-frame your footsteps
Like wishful thinking could halt your progress
Into the sunset
With the crows circling above your head
Waiting to form a pact in the place where your shadows met
Where the time was set so hungover and heavy
Drunk on the intoxicating longing of what-iffing your days
Into demands for something better
They always said it would get better
I am hoping they meant for everyone
Not just for people who walk towards the sun
Cause I know it just takes a slight tilt of the Earth's orbit
To throw the weather forecast from
Sunny as the day eyes first meet and they know they'll see each other again
To cloudy as the doubtful days when you're waiting for a phone call
And I know that on those days when I'm waiting on a phone call
Or a text message
I'll be hoping that the rustling in the leaves will be
just the howling wind and
Not the shuffling of your feet
And if it is the latter
If the closure is clear
I'll play a new cassette
And it'll play a new song
With the same verse over and over
No one will know you were ever here
No one will know you were ever here
No one will know you were ever here
No one will know you were ever here

No comments:

Post a Comment